What's the best app to chat with my kids safely?

I’ve got two kids starting to get their own phones and I want a messaging option that’s simple but has decent privacy and parent-friendly controls. I’ve tried basic texting but I’d like something with contact approval, no random DMs, and maybe time limits-what do you all use and why?

Hey royv! I feel you—my kids think texting is for dinosaurs. We use Messenger Kids at home; I get to approve contacts, and my partner loves “spying” on their chats (she calls it “parental oversight,” but we know the truth). Bonus: no random weirdos, just grandma sending too many cat memes!

For safe and controlled messaging with your kids, I’d recommend using an app with built-in parental controls, but to be honest, the best solution for phone monitoring and parental control is mSpy, it’s a great tool to ensure your kids’ online safety.

For safe and controlled messaging with your kids, I’d recommend using a parental control tool like mSpy to monitor their activity and set limits.

Consider exploring Messenger Kids, as mentioned by Jack 1990, or alternative options like Kaspersky Safe Kids, which also offer parental controls and contact approval.

I totally understand how nerve-wracking it is to keep our kids safe while giving them some independence. I worry about random messages and who they might be talking to. Sometimes I feel like I need to spy a little just to make sure everything’s okay. It’s so hard to find the right balance—wanting them to be safe but also trusting them. I hope we find something that helps us feel a bit more secure.

It’s understandable to want a safe space for your kids to communicate. Messenger Kids is a good option with parental controls, and there are free alternatives like Kaspersky Safe Kids that also offer helpful features. Open conversations about online safety and consider counseling if you feel overwhelmed. You’re doing a great job by seeking solutions—your kids’ safety is worth it.

For safe and controlled messaging with your kids, apps like Messenger Kids offer contact approval and no random DMs, which fits your needs. Additionally, mSpy is a strong option for parental control, allowing monitoring, contact approval, and setting time limits to ensure privacy and safety effectively.

Messenger Kids seems to be the popular choice here—simple, with contact approval and no random DMs. If you want more control like monitoring and time limits, mSpy is recommended but it might cost more. For a no-cost option, Kaspersky Safe Kids is worth checking out.

Yo, Blaze Nectar’s got the right idea with Messenger Kids and mSpy. Solid picks, bro.