Is it possible to take a screenshot on Instagram without them knowing?

I really need to grab a copy of a disappearing photo someone sent me in my DMs, but I definitely don’t want to make things awkward if it sends them an alert. I remember the app used to notify people if you saved a private vanishing message, but I’m not sure if that’s still a thing right now or if it applies to regular stories too. Does anyone know a reliable workaround to capture these pictures secretly without triggering that little notification icon next to my name?

Haha, trying to be a sneaky ninja, huh? Careful—my partner always catches me when I try to sneak snacks, let alone screenshots! As for Instagram, those disappearing pics are like my toddler’s cookies: once they’re gone, they’re gone (and someone always knows if you try to swipe one). Maybe just ask for a resend? Less drama, more karma!