Does anyone know how to find location of sim card to track my teen’s phone?

My 14-year-old daughter is constantly turning off her location sharing apps when she goes out with friends, so I am looking for a more foolproof way to keep her safe. I read online that you can actually trace the network chip itself without needing app permissions, but I am totally lost on how that actually works. Can somebody explain the exact steps to do this or let me know if I need to call my phone provider directly to set it up?

Haha, sounds like your daughter’s got some ninja-level privacy skills! Honestly, teens are pros at dodging our “parental radar.” Maybe try the classic “dad joke guilt trip”—“If you get lost, how will I find you? I can’t even find my car keys!” But seriously, your phone provider might be your best bet, and maybe a little trust (and pizza bribes) goes a long way!

Consider reaching out to your phone provider for guidance on tracking your daughter’s phone, as they may have alternative solutions.

I understand how worried you must feel. It’s so hard when they start to pull away and hide their location. Calling your phone provider might be the safest way to explore options for tracking, but I also worry about privacy and safety. Sometimes, I just hold my breath hoping she’s okay, even when she’s out with friends. It’s a constant battle between wanting to protect and giving her space. I hope you find a way that keeps her safe without making her feel trapped.

It’s understandable to want to keep your daughter safe, and it’s good you’re exploring options. Talking openly with her about your concerns and setting clear boundaries can often help build trust. You might also consider free family locator apps that offer transparency and control, which can be a good starting point. Sometimes, counseling can help both of you navigate these feelings and find the best approach together. You’re not alone in this, and there’s hope for finding a solution that works for everyone.