Table of Contents
Best SMS Trackers For Android To Spy Remotely – The Top Software Rated
Mar 1, 2021
Nowadays, Android devices become more and more popular since its smart features enable users to communicate and stay in touch with their loved ones across the globe. However, with its outstanding characteristics, it also brings some issues to your nearest ones’ lives. If you are a concerned parent, you may be thinking about what your kids are up to online, or if you are a suspicious partner, you may be worried about your spouse’s fidelity. The same goes if you are a business owner – employees may disclose your company’s confidential data. Hence, there is a need to monitor your near ones’ online activity and keep yourself and them from every possible harm.
If that is the case, the use of cell phone SMS trackers for Android becomes essential. Hence, to help you choose a reliable cell phone SMS tracker for Android that best serves your purpose, here is our detailed overview of the 10 most popular hidden SMS tracker Android apps.
What to Consider Before Buying an SMS Tracker App for Android?
If you’re looking for an SMS tracking app for Android, you should consider a few things when deciding. These points will help you narrow down your list and pick the tracker app that works best.
Check OS compatibility
No matter how good an SMS tracker app is, it would be useless if it’s not compatible with the target phone’s OS. Make sure that the app you choose is compatible with Android devices.
Features the spy app has to offer
Some SMS tracker apps for Android let you do a lot more than just spy on someone’s messages. They may also enable you to browse their photos, videos, emails, address book, and GPS location. It’s a good idea to go for an app that allows for these extra functionalities.
Some SMS tracker apps for Android may require you to root the target device before installing the spy app. Rooting involves removing any software hurdles that an Android phone may have to prevent misuse. This is a cumbersome process. That’s why you should pick an app that doesn’t require you to root the target phone.
Sync speed refers to how quickly the app updates the target phone’s activities for you to track. If the sync speed is slow, you may not access what they’re up to properly and miss crucial details.
Most text spy apps offer their apps in a varying price range. This range depends on the features they offer and the number of months you plan to use it. It’s a good idea to go for an app that gives you good value for money in terms of the features it offers.
If you plan to spy on someone’s text messages via an app, it’s essential to have constant tech support. This will help you with solutions if something goes wrong or face any issues in installing the app or tracking it.
10 Best SMS Tracker Apps for Android: Comparison Table
|Price||$16.66/mo||$49.99/mo||$49.99/mo||$49.95/mo||$59.99/mo||€59.99/mo||$24.95/mo||9.99/mo per device||$68/mo||$69.99/mo|
|24*7 support||Live Chat, Phone, Email support||Phone support, ticket system||Webchat and ticket system||No live chat or phone support||Round the clock phone support, ticket system||No live chat or phone support, only email support available||No phone or chat support, message ticket system that responds in 24 – 48 hours||Live chat support, phone, and Email support||Live Chat, Support Forums||Round the clock tech support available|
|Multi-OS Support||Android, iPhone, iPad, Windows phones||Android, iPhone, Blackberry, Symbian||Android and iOS||Android, Blackberry, iPhone, Symbian, Windows Mobile||Android and iOS||Android 5+ and iOS||Android, Windows and macOS X||Android||Android, iPhone, Blackberry, Symbian||Android and iOS|
|Access Social Media Messages||Yes||No||Yes||Yes but requires rooting the phone||Yes but requires rooting the phone||Yes but requires rooting the phone||Yes||Yes||Yes but not in the Lite (Basic) version||Yes|
In-Depth Overview of 10 Best Cell Phone SMS Trackers for Android
#1 – mSpy
Among the spy apps we tried, mSpy unanimously emerged as the best SMS tracker for Android phones. mSpy is a phone spy app that does a lot more than just helping you to spy on someone’s text messages. With such software, you can dive into the entire Android phone’s activities: from monitoring messaging apps to taking the phone’s total control.
mSpy is a text tracking app that can be easily installed in a device within minutes without rooting the Android device. You can view the target person’s phone activities in an online dashboard that updates every 5 minutes. Hence, with such advanced software, you can be pretty sure that nobody will be capable of hiding something from you.
- It is a versatile phone spy app that syncs every 5 minutes.
- It is compatible with iOS and Android devices.
- It can be easily installed within five minutes without rooting.
- It has a convenient online dashboard to view the Android phone’s activities.
- It offers advanced features like access to SMS, emails, Messengers, media files, browser history, GPS location, etc.
- It doesn’t offer a voice call recording feature.
#2 – Mobistealth
Mobistealth is a hidden SMS tracker Android app that lets you monitor the target Android phone’s activities remotely. The app enables you to monitor your target’s SMS with date and time stamps, check call logs, keystrokes, contacts, browser history, and GPS location remotely. However, some of its features require rooting the target phone, which can be cumbersome. Moreover, you would need to have access to the target’s physical device to install this app, which could be tricky.
- It allows access to the target phone’s SMS, photos, contacts, GPS location.
- Its keylogger feature comes in handy.
- It requires physical access to the target Android phone to install the app.
- Its features would involve rooting the target device.
#3 – Xnspy
Xnspy is a budget-friendly SMS tracking app for Android that allows you to check the target phone’s SMS, call logs, GPS, social media apps, and media files stealthily. The app’s Pro version has a unique surrounding recording tool that lets you take an audio recording of the Android phone’s surroundings. However, you would have to access the target phone to install the app physically. Also, the app’s advanced features won’t work unless you root the target Android device.
- It has a budget-friendly price point.
- It lets you access to SMS, media files, call logs, GPS location, social media apps, etc.
- It has a call and surrounding recording feature.
- It has slow tech support.
- It doesn’t have a desktop version.
- Its advanced features require rooting the target device.
#4 – Spybubble
Spybubble is one more SMS tracker online, which lets you access the Android phone’s messages, and view all media shared in MMS. Such software also enables access to call logs, emails, GPS location, and social media apps. The app transmits this information back to the visual dashboard in real-time, which could be reached from any device. However, its price range may put it out of reach for those looking for an affordable option.
- It is compatible with all major OS.
- It lets you check SMS, call logs, emails, browser history, GPS, media files.
- It has a user-friendly visual interface to monitor activities.
- It has a high price range.
- It doesn’t let you restrict calls on the target Android device.
#5 – iKeyMonitor
iKeyMonitor is a phone spy app that offers a host of features like checking SMS, media, browser history, and contacts. What’s interesting about iKeyMonitor is that it also lets you take screenshots, limit screen time, and even block apps on the target Android phone. However, if you want to access the target phone’s social media apps, you need to root the Android device, which can be tricky. The monthly subscription price is quite steep compared to other spy apps that offer the same features.
- It offers a free 3-day trial.
- It provides features like a keylogger, access to SMS, media, social media apps.
- It enables you to set a limit on screen time and restrict apps.
- Its monthly subscription is expensive.
- It requires rooting the target device for tracking social media apps.
#6 – KidSecured
KidSecured is a spy app that is specially targeted towards parents concerned about their child’s well-being and cyber activities. They can install this app to monitor their child’s SMS, social media apps, calls, media, browser history, and GPS location. Moreover, it also lets them block apps, limit screen time, restrict calls – all features that concerned parents would appreciate. However, the lack of phone and chat support makes it spyware to pass by.
- It lets you block apps and limit screen time.
- It allows you to monitor and restrict calls.
- It provides access to social media messages, from WhatsApp, Facebook to Instagram.
- It lets you set geofences and track GPS location.
- It has only email tech support.
- It requires rooting the target device for accessing social media messages.
- It is expensive if used on a per month basis.
- This SMS tracker for Android can’t be installed without the target phone.
#7 – Hoverwatch
Hoverwatch is a spy app that has been around for over a decade since it is pretty versatile. Once installed on the target Android device, it lets you access their SMS, record calls, keystrokes, call logs, GPS location, and media. The free one-week trial is also a good way to get users to check it out. One feature that stands out in this app is the front camera feature that takes a photo every time the target phone is unlocked. This photo is transmitted straight to you via the dashboard and doesn’t get stored on the target phone. It also has a flexible pricing strategy for personal and corporate use. The one major thing that doesn’t work in its favor is the lack of remote installation.
- It allows you to access SMS, photos, GPS, and call logs.
- It offers a free one-week trial.
- It doesn’t require rooting even for advanced features.
- It provides a flexible pricing structure for monitoring multiple Android devices.
- It can’t be installed remotely.
#8 – SpyHuman
SpyHuman is an affordable Android-only spy app that offers a wide range of features. With this app, you can access the target phone’s SMS, media files, call logs, browse the history, GPS, and social media messages. You can also block certain apps and calls on the phone being monitored. This app is easy to install and requires no rooting. However, SpyHuman doesn’t let you take screenshots of the device or monitor the live camera, microphone, or screen remotely.
- It allows accessing SMS, photos, social media messages, GPS, and browser history.
- It lets you record calls and restrict numbers on the target phone.
- It doesn’t require rooting the target device.
- It offers an affordable price and a free one-week trial.
- It lacks advanced features like taking screenshots, live monitoring of camera, screen, and microphone.
- The app is only compatible with Android devices.
#9 – FlexiSPY
FlexiSPY, just like its name, is quite a flexible spy app. This means that it can offer you mind-boggling spying features, but only if you’re willing to pay for the more advanced versions of the app. Nevertheless, its ‘Lite’ version allows you to access the Android phone’s SMS, call logs, media, browser history, and GPS location remotely. However, advanced features like access to social media apps, call logs, and call recordings are only available in the most expensive version of the app, setting you back a pretty buck.
- It is a versatile spy app that offers various features.
- Its Lite version gives you access to SMS, call logs, browser history, and geofencing.
- Its full-featured version lets you restart the device, restrict software, and uninstall apps remotely.
- Its basic version doesn’t enable access to emails, social media apps, and call recording.
- Its full-featured version for call recording, social media call logs and messages is quite expensive.
#10 – Spyic
pyic is a straightforward but reliable spy app that works on both iOS and Android devices. Its basic version has a modest range of features like access to SMS, call logs, browser history, photos, geofencing, and GPS location. If you’re keen on monitoring social media apps and SIM card change alerts, you’ll have to shell out a higher subscription fee. Moreover, Spyic doesn’t offer features like call recording or live monitoring of the device screen or camera.
- It offers basic features like access to SMS, call logs, media, and GPS.
- It has a user-friendly interface.
- It doesn’t require rooting the target Android device.
- Its basic version has limited features.
- It is expensive compared to other spy apps.
SMS tracker apps for Android are great assets in ensuring your personal and family’s safety. Hence, with the help of such advanced software, you can be calm about your children’s online activities, spouse’s fidelity, and security of your confidential data.
With the wide variety of SMS tracker Android apps available, it’s crucial to choose one that fits your requirements and budget well. After extensive research of the top spy apps, mSpy emerges as the clear favorite for many reasons. It offers a wide range of monitoring features, is easy to install, and has a user-friendly interface. Moreover, it can be installed remotely without rooting the Android device and has an affordable price when compared to the features it offers. Hence, if you wish to gain value for money – mSpy is your choice.